South-East History Boards
June 23, 2017, 13:15:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Welcome to the South-East History Boards, covering Kent, Sussex, Hants, IoW and Surrey

Home   Help Forum Guidelines Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuelling the Wars - PLUTO and the Secret Pipeline Network 1936 - 1945  (Read 473 times)
Tim of Aclea
Valued Contributor

« on: February 23, 2017, 18:55:44 PM »

My book on the history of the GPSS is scheduled to finally come out at the end of April.

A couple of links concerning the book.  In the youtube video you can 'read' the book in 3 minutes

More details on the publisher's website at: http://www.bradford-on-avon.org.uk/pipelines.html

Tim

Tim of Aclea
Valued Contributor

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 08:02:29 AM »

There have been repeated delays on the book arriving in the UK, it is being printed in India.  However, I do have one of four copies airmailed in.  Photo of me celebrating  its arrival.

Tim

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you cannot view or download
Tim book 2.jpg
Tim with book.jpg
Tims book 1.jpg
Longpockets
Valued Contributor

Opportunities always look bigger going than coming

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 08:44:21 AM »

Congratulations, I hope it is successful for you.

By the time you make ends meet, the've moved the ends.
PNK
Prolific Contributor

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 11:38:48 AM »

Congratulation indeed. What's the betting some new information crops up in the next few months. 
Tim of Aclea
Valued Contributor

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 11:20:22 »

Thank you Longpockets and PNK. 

New information, in that it was new to me, did turn up recently that during the war the pipelines were built only at night and that the North-South pipeline between Stanlow and Avonmouth was built in 1938.  However, in both cases the 'new information' was incorrect - in fact I have absolutely no idea where it originated from.

regards

Tim
PNK
Prolific Contributor

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 13:01:47 »

I remember that cropping up somewhere. It didn't make sense as you would have needed lights to see what you were doing defeating the object of using night for cover! I suspect by the time of the pipeline building enemy forays were not as frequent but still a worry.
Man of Kent1
Valued Contributor

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 23:12:10 »

Is there a discount on the published price of your new book for members of this site, Tim? Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: