South-East History Boards
May 22, 2018, 09:20:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Welcome to the South-East History Boards, covering Kent, Sussex, Hants, IoW and Surrey

Home   Help Forum Guidelines Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A public "Thank You"  (Read 178 times)
John
Editor

« on: February 14, 2018, 14:24:32 PM »

I don't praise people on here often enough - I do read each and every post, and often find the information fascinating, but then often neglect to say "thank you" for the work that has been put in. So I thought I'd say it now to EVERYONE who has posted on the forum, whether they are long-time regulars who just can't keep away, or newcomers who just add a few lines and then vanish, or someone who falls between the two camps. Every contribution is valuable, and it is appreciated.

Noel Craggs, your Modest Moderator, deserves a special mention for what he has done over the past couple of years. From greeting new members and making them feel welcome, to spending long hours hand-correcting the numerous dodgy scans from the British Newspaper Archives, he's done, and is doing, sterling work. Without him, the forum would be a much poorer place.

Apart from Noel, how do I thank people individually without missing some out? Hmm, as I said, everyone deserves it, so I won't risk lavishing praise on Bill at the expense of Ben (my favourite Flowerpot Men). Just take it as read that I mean you. Yes, YOU, sitting there squinting at the screen. I appreciate your work, and as I can see "behind the scenes" at what non-members are reading, printing, quoting elsewhere etc, I know that other people do as well.

Kiss

I voted to leave the European Union..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: