South-East History Boards
May 24, 2018, 13:01:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Welcome to the South-East History Boards, covering Kent, Sussex, Hants, IoW and Surrey

Home   Help Forum Guidelines Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Smeaton's Harbour, Winchelsea  (Read 41 times)
pomme homme
Valued Contributor

« on: April 08, 2018, 09:46:12 AM »

Quite recently, following a programme in the Channel 4 television series Britain at Low Tide, mention was made on this forum of John Smeaton's short lived new Winchelsea Harbour. Search as I might, using the search engine and manually, I can't find that mention of it in any of the obvious places (which probably means that it is in a non obvious place and, if I searched everywhere, the likelihood is that I'd find it in the last place I looked!). Anyhow, there is a note by Ron Martin on Smeaton's Harbour in the current (April 2018) SIAS Newsletter. I don't think that it would be fair to the author to scan and post the entire note here but if anyone would like a copy of it (my recollection is that Craggs said that he intended to pursue the subject), please send me a PM, with your e-mail address, and I'll send you a pdf copy of the note.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: