South-East History Boards
May 24, 2018, 12:55:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Welcome to the South-East History Boards, covering Kent, Sussex, Hants, IoW and Surrey

Home   Help Forum Guidelines Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Charles Compton, enteritis  (Read 27 times)
John
Editor

« on: May 01, 2018, 15:12:42 PM »

COMPTON, CHARLES GEORGE
Service Number:3037
Date of Death:02/07/1918
Regiment/Service:Australian Infantry, A.I.F.  43rd Bn.
Grave Reference:A10. 4. 54.
Cemetery:WORTHING (BROADWATER) CEMETERY
Additional Information:Son of Charles George and Eliza Compton, husband of Lilian Compton, of 1, Orange Lane, Norwood, Adelaide, South Australia. Born at Worthing, Sussex, England.

The Advertiser (Adelaide)  Tue 9 Jul 1918

Mrs. C. G. Compton, of Orange-lane, Norwood, has been advised by military authorities of the death from enteritis at Fovant Military Hospital, England, of her husband, Private C. G. COMPTON, of 43rd Battalion, A.I.F. Private Compton, a bricklayer by trade, was born at Worthing, England and he arrived in South Australia in 1913. He enlisted for home service on January 8 1916, acting as guard on Torrens Island. He transferred for service abroad on March 20, 1916, and left South Australia on June 23, 1917, with 7th Reinforcements of 43rd Battalion.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you cannot view or download
Compton C.JPG

I voted to leave the European Union..
alkhamhills
Valued Contributor

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 19:54:42 PM »

Charles George Compton
Born 1882 Worthing
Married Lilian Puttick ΒΌ June 1901 East Preston District

In 1911 with Lilian & 2 children at 47 Newland Road Worthing. Charles was a Bricklayer. Also an 18 month old Niece and a visitor.

Very Brave to emigrate with 2 small children. And like all Australian & NZ men who were all volunteers to come to UK to fight leaving his young family behind

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: