South-East History Boards
August 18, 2017, 03:55:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Welcome to the South-East History Boards, covering Kent, Sussex, Hants, IoW and Surrey

Home   Help Forum Guidelines Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Notifications of replies to posts  (Read 7044 times)
pomme homme
Valued Contributor

« on: October 08, 2012, 19:55:46 PM »

John, a thought. Because I'm approaching my dotage, when I post on a thread frequently I forget to put my tick against 'notify me of replies'. On other fora to which I subscribe, I am able to make a global choice to receive instantaneous/daily/weekly/monthly notifications of replies to all threads on which I have posted. Is there any reason why that option could not be made available on this forum?
John
Editor

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 20:09:19 PM »

The only options are available under your Profile Information, in the 'Notifications and email' section. If that doesn't help, post again and I'll delve deeper..

I voted to leave the European Union..
pomme homme
Valued Contributor

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 21:09:21 PM »

Well I don't know what I've done, John - however based on past expereience, no doubt the fault rests with me - but it now seems that I'm getting few, if any, notifications of replies to posts. Has anyone got a seven year old that they could lend to me to sort out my IT problems!
John
Editor

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 07:52:14 AM »

I've just altered a setting - see how it goes  Wink

pomme homme
Valued Contributor

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 09:23:10 AM »

Thank you, John. Having been notified of your post, that bodes well. Oh, and by the way - surely you're not seven years old! Wink
John
Editor

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 09:26:22 AM »

Sorry, I thought you meant 17  Grin

pomme homme
Valued Contributor

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 09:42:36 AM »

...........then your avatar suggests that they've been seventeen hard years! Grin
John
Editor

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 07:48:17 AM »

There has been a recent issue with notification emails not going to the intended recipients, instead they are being classified as spam and returned to the forum mailbox (which I only check very occasionally). I've been on to the hosting service to try to get this resolved - in the meantime you lot might find it beneficial to check any spam folders you have, and if forum messages are going straight to that, then mark them as NOT SPAM.

Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: